Northern Adirondack Central School District
Office of the Superintendent
James C. Knight, Jr.
P.O. Box 164
Ellenburg Depot, New York 12935
518-594-7060 ● Fax 518-594-7255 ● firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, February 15, 2021
Dear NAC Families,
The Northern Adirondack Central School District was informed that an individual from our school community has been identified as testing positive for COVID-19.
Here’s what we know:
- The individual is a student who was last here on Friday, February12, 2021.
- The individual was present in the middle/high school building on.
- Students and employees who rode Bus 88 on Thursday 2/11 and/or Friday, 2/12 will be contacted by the Clinton County Health Department with further information regarding a quarantine order, but have already been or will be notified by school personnel.
- Students and staff who have been or will be contacted by school personnel are not to attend school until the CCHD provides a release from quarantine.
- The Northern Adirondack Central School District has provided the Clinton County Health Department with all pertinent information regarding students and staff who are designated to have been in close proximity contact to the positive individual. Only the Clinton County Health Department can conduct contact tracing - County Health will contact parents/families and staff.
- Northern Adirondack will continue to offer in-person and hybrid instruction for those eligible grade levels and classrooms that have not been in contact with the infected individuals.
- As a result of this situation all 5th Grade classes will be remote on Monday, February 22, 2021. No 5th Grade students are to attend on Monday, February 22, 2021.
- As a result of a combination of situations, both Mrs. Lashway’s Kindergarten class and Mrs. Matthews’ Kindergarten class will be remote on Monday, February 22, 2021. None of the students in either of these two classrooms are to attend on Monday, February 22, 2021
- Students may be picked up by busses that are different than their normal bus in an effort to remain socially distanced on buses and get all of our students to school on time.
Thank you for your cooperation,
James C. Knight, Jr.
Superintendent of Schools